Friday, September 25, 2009

Melissa's 40th Birthday Party


No peeking


Surprise!!!



Yes, that is a petting zoo in your front yard




I told everyone the petting zoo was for the kids, but we all know who it was really for...


Yes that is an alpaca...and a giant tortoise


Cairn was a bit suspicious of the goat in the dress




So that's what all the skulking this week was about




I thought I would need about 50 slices of cake. Afull sheet sounded right when I ordered it.


But that's alot of cake! I did better job of estimating in buying the dinner food.

Cake


Cake


Cake!


I figured the zoo wouldn't keep the kids busy for long. After the bean bag toss competition we set up a craft table. The glowsticks came out after dark. Gotta keep the kids entertained...


So the growups can play (it's a fake drunk shot, but convincing nevertheless)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a party! Good job at surprising her, Keith, and great job at partying, Meliss! Sure wish we could have been there.
Dad and Mom Church

cullenmarina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIS!
Sounds like a wonderful party... but I'll be ticked off if I get a petting zoo and glow sticks when I turn 40!