Kellen and I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Joshua Tree hosting the patrol's second annual climbing trip. It was a fun trip and well-attended. Kellen got a staple in his scalp on Saturday afternoon to remind him that throwing rocks overhead can result in profuse bleeding---he looked like Sissy Spacek in the movie Carrie. Luckily we had two dozen patrollers and a cardio-thoracic surgeon on hand to render aid.
We set up at Pixie Rock.
Kellen and Alexander watched Daddy leading on Billboard Buttress from Jeff's RV.
Climbing kids
New friends
Tom has lost some weight since his heart attack, but so have I. Still get chills when I remember not being able to get a radial pulse on him. Seemed like that helicopter took forever to land...
Lunch!
Alexander making moves on Driving Limitations (5.8)
He's fine. One quick staple, no lidocaine, almost not tears. He was scrambling around in the rocks with the other kids again in less than an hour. I'll pass that kiss along.
3 comments:
Oh no! Poor babe :(
Kiss that boy's hurt noggin for us.
He's fine. One quick staple, no lidocaine, almost not tears. He was scrambling around in the rocks with the other kids again in less than an hour. I'll pass that kiss along.
Wow! Now that's one tough Church boy!
Post a Comment